Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Fricken Doctors

Sorry, but this post is going to be a vent post. I have partially torn tendons above both my knees. I was referred by my doctor (who I can't stand and need a new one) and it seemed to be going well. I got a MRI and found out exactly why my knees had been hurting me since high school. They recommended me some treatment and I tried them but they didn't really help. So after a year I went back to the Ortho doc got another MRI and was told they look a little better but were still torn and swollen. He then said that he didn't think I would need surgery and that I didn't really need to come back because he treated people who could have surgery. Meanwhile I am still in pain and want to be able to do stuff without my knees hurting. (i.e. sitting with my legs crossed, standing, going to stand up and down) So pretty much everything. So I was referred to a pain management place that was suppose to be really good. They could take care of my pain and had a physical therapy place right next door they worked with, but for my insurance to pay for it I had to get a referral from my regular doctor. So I went there today because when I called in for it they said she would not sign it because she had not seen me in so long. (my doctor is against anything stronger than aspirin) So I knew she really didn't want to sign it because it was against her belief and she was going to try and talk me out of it. I was right. When I got there I was seen by a student (who was very nice) and then my doctor came in to she me and was very condescending about me wanting to go there. I was almost in tears half from them poking at my knees and making the pain worse half from the way she was talking to me. So in the end I was told by the nurse that the front desk would take care of my referral, and when I asked the front desk if I would get anything in the mail about it I really didn't get a true answer because they were to busy to talk to me for a few minutes. So in the end I really don't know what is going on. I can understand why doctors are cautious about strong pain meds. I can understand taking precautions before giving anybody a prescription for it (i.e. a UA test or checking what other meds they have been prescribed before) But I really don't think there is anything wrong about me wanting to live without my knees constantly hurting me every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment